Monday, March 9, 2015

More Memory

At the Mobile World Congress, Sandisk has unveiled their newest memory card, which will provide phones with much more memory space. The new Ultra microSDXC UHS-I will provide users with 200GB of storage on all of the smart phones on display at MWC.

This is an increase from their last memory card of 128GB, giving it a 56 percent increase in storage space. It will have the same features such as being shock proof and waterproof.

Found on techworm.net, the new memory card will be, 

“Ideal for Android smartphone and tablet users, this Premium Edition microSD card combines the world’s highest capacity and blazingly fast transfer speed of up to 90MB/s to deliver premium performance. At this transfer speed, consumers can expect to move up to 1,200 photos per minute.”

I found this incredible because I know for me storage space is something I constantly have to be checking, and if I could hold 200GB of space I would never have that problem. I could have as much music, photos and video on my phone as I wanted.

This also opens up the use of mobile in media outlets. As people can hold more media on their phones, they can be more mobile. This change will create many new opportunities for media outlets and they're move towards mobile production.


This item will go on sale in 2015, and be worth $399.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment