Wednesday, April 30, 2014

All Smiles and Love and Pride Parade


The support for The Mizzou Pride Parade was over whelming. People from all over town gathered near the Brady Fountain, despite the gloomy weather, to support equal opportunity. Armed with decorated golf carts, rainbow flags, and homemade signs the crowd moved forward together.
Chants rang out, people played instruments and pride radiated from every person there.
The smiles from the crowd were infectious. It was impossible not to feel so much joy for the couples who could show their love openly without judgement and to not feel so much pride to be a part of a campus that willingly accepts them just as they are.










"I'm not afraid to tell the world who I am. I am Michael Sam: I'm a college graduate. I'm African-America, and I'm gay." 
- Michael Sam, University of Missouri Defensive End

No comments:

Post a Comment