Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tablets Appear to be Here To Stay

The Mobile World Congress debuted tons of new technologies in just the past day, but along with the innovative cell phones comes the fast performing tablets. Tablets have been referred to as "fadlets" in much of social media but the fact that Sony, Apple, Motorola, and other industry leaders push to improve their tablets each year has me doubting this theory. Majorly.

An interesting Lenovo Tablet has a movable back, hence its name "Yoga Tablet 10HD+." The tablets display was improved, weight lessened, and movable back allows users to easily prop it up or hold it in hand.

But it's Huwei that claims they've made the "lightest and narrowest 7 inch tablet." The MediaPad X1 is 7.18mm thick, making it even slimmer than the Ipad mini. Paired with a slim design is its LTE Cat 4 to get you online on the go as fast as possible. The tablet can also communicate with Huewei's new wearable technology, the Talkband B1. It's everything from a smartwatch, to a wireless calling machine that also tracks sleep and calories. Woah.

If you ask me, I'd much rather walk around with a tablet and optional wireless keyboard in my backpack than my clunky Macbook Pro. I can't be alone in this, no, because even high schools are requiring tablets for class. In fact, my sisters high school, of which I'm insanely jealous of, requires each student to purchase an Ipad and runs class virtually paper free. This sounds pretty futuristic rather than fad to me, but hey, what do I know.

But I'll admit, there's one tablet I'm holding my breath for. A rumored Samsung flexible tablet is much anticipated at this years Mobile World Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment