Friday, September 20, 2013

MU Safety Week 2013: Fire Factor

COLUMBIA- Smoke and students filled MU's speakers circle, watching in shock. The Columbia Fire Department waited two minutes and then began spraying water. 

As a part of Safety Week, the fire department placed a mock dorm room on campus. A piece of paper was lit on fire and the rest was history. The paper immediately sparked flames in the mock bedroom. After watching the room burn, the fire department stepped in. The result, a completely destroyed room. 

The fire department did this to show students the importance of being safe. All residence halls on the MU campus have a no candle policy and smoke detectors. 

Students walking by were also given the opportunity to go up in a fire truck and enjoy a view of campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment