Thursday, February 28, 2013

Which one? Which one?

We've had the iPad, the tablet, the "phablet," and now the Fonepad.

One big reveal at this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain was the Android-powered Asus Fonepad - both a phone and tablet.

The Fonepad will give consumers 3G capability to surf the web, as well as make calls on demand. I would think this would come in handy for most users.

Personally, I have an iPhone and a WiFi only iPad -- as well as a Macbook Pro and iPod Classic-- but that's beside the point. I definitely see the value in having essentially an all-in-one device. It's one less thing to carry around and one less thing to charge.

But in the event that my phone dies, I still communicate with my mom on my Ipad via iMessage or FaceTime. I can do this as long as I'm connected to WiFi or a personal hotspot - it really makes me want to upgrade to 3G capabilities, but that's another bill.

Perhaps that just might be the reason for some to switch to using this Fonepad or any other "phablet" for that matter. A user won't have to worry about a bill being tacked on to an already-existing one.

The Fonepad is about 7 inches - just a few inches smaller than the iPad 2, and is reported to rest comfortably in consumers' hands.

I guess what this boils down to is would a customer rather have a slightly larger, but just as capable, Fonepad or would they prefer separate devices? It's up to you to decide. If you're in the United States, the timetable for this device reaching you has not yet been revealed, so you still have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment