Thursday, February 28, 2013

No worries... It's Waterproof!

When someone's unprotected phone falls to the ground, I believe it's safe to say that every beating heart that's present stops functioning for a moment. Now imagine the terror if it were dropped in water.

I've had this happen. My iPhone wasn't fully submerged, however, water did get into the headphone port causing the phone to experience several glitches. I learned the importance of using my phone case at all times that day. Fortunately, it's still in working order, even though I didn't rely on the remedy of a bag of rice.

I haven't had any major issues with my tablet when it comes to water damage. Although, even having a protective covering for my iPad, and carrying it in rain, sleet or snow, there's a possibility of it there. Plus, the heavy case, negates the lightweight feature.

But never fear -- a waterproof tablet is here! Or at least, that's the message hailing out of the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.

The Xperia Tablet Z, made by Sony, claims to be the thinnest and lightest 10-inch tablet that can be dunked in water -- a triple threat.

If this is true, the Xperia could be beneficial for those who are interested in underwater photography, as well as protecting their tablet from Mother Nature. The camera for this tablet is reported to work in low lighting.

The ports on this new tablet are covered which allows it to be waterproof. 

If you'd like to learn more, and see the Xperia put in water for yourself, you can check out this CNET video review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment